Saturday 19 January 2013

Now recruiting!

Calling all students in Forms 1, 2, and 3 of SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (3),

Do you want a rewarding leadership experience that will boost your co-curricular marks? Want to help the school be a better place? Or just want a snazzy new uniform? Look no further than being a Librarian!

Okay, I admit, I'm very a bit late, but we're definitely hiring new hands! The interview dates are set, and us senior Librarians are looking forward to badgering having probationary Librarians. That brings me back to the good old days...

I was in Form 1, when I heard that the Librarians were recruiting. Having just been a class monitor for two years in primary school (and turning down an offer to be a prefect), I soon got to it. It seemed like a popular thing in my class, because about a dozen of us applied.

When the interview slots were out, I remember Hui Shyen (current Assistant Head) rushing out of the laboratory to the Library with enthusiasm. It was funny, how much we yearned for the post five years ago.

When it was down to the interview itself, things got a little tense. I remember running under the hot sun, before my slot, just to get a necktie! Plus, the seniors then told all us applicants to memorise the Library Mission and Vision. I tell you, that was sheer purgatory, but it manage to stick to my brain, until it dissapeared after the whole thing.

When my slot came, I think I stammered when I greeted Mr. Wong, then Library Coordinator (current Senior Assistant of Student Affairs), and the interviewers. Mr. Wong then got to business, and I think fear showed through my face, when I answered the questions, because the others simply kept quiet and smiled in support. I thought I flunked the whole thing, with my answers curt and ambiguous, and I broke down.

Some time after, the list of successful applicants were out. I was perssimistic, but I checked it nevertheless. It's obvious the result, or how could I have ever blog here? Anyways, I felt so happy after that, but sad that my confident friend didn't make the cut.

Anyways, I would like to wish all the applicants good luck, and like they say in 'The Hunger Games', may the odds be ever in your favour!

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...