Thursday, 11 April 2013

Trip To Cameron Highlands During Library Week for Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Utama Damansara (3)

5 April 2013 (Day I)

On the 5th of April 2013, our school organized a trip to Cameron Highlands in conjunction with Library Week. We gather at the assembly point at 11:15 a.m. and departed at 11:45a.m. All of us were talking and chattering excitedly in the bus. At 2:30p.m., we had lunch at the Tapah rest stop, before leaving for Cameron Highlands. During the journey to Cameron Highlands, we had to circle a very steep road which made me dizzy and nauseous during the trip. We stopped halfway during the trip so that the other two buses could catch up with us. I took a picture of the foggy condition in Cameron Highlands on the first day. It was raining and I can't see the buildings in front of me due to the fog which rolled in.

After about 45 minutes, we reached the hotel we are going to stay for the night, Hotel Rosa Passadena. When I got off the bus, it was a little cold, and it was drizzling. We went into the hotel immediately to warm ourselves up. We then went to Sabrina Hall, a hall in the hotel to collect our room keys and meal coupons.When I looked out of the window, all of the buildings looked like old English cottages.

I shared a room with my friend, Qian Yi and two other seniors. Our room consisted of two single beds and a double bed. I went to the shower first and I can't believe that we had a tub as well! After bathing, I was hungry and my roommate shared her snacks with me. We turned on the television to watch some movies until dinner time. We had a buffet dinner and the food was delicious! My seniors went out to the nearby night market nearby to buy some souvenirs. At 10:00 p.m., we gathered at Belinda Hall for a briefing from Pn. Sabrina. Mr. Wong Tzyy Yu wasn't able to arrive due a backache which made him unable to stand up for long hours. Pn. Sabrina told us the plan for the entire trip and suggested that we should have group performances the following night. We were split into six groups. I was in Group 2, which was led by Kiwan.

Kiwan suggested that we do different clap patterns to the beat of a song. We chose a simple song: We Are Young by F.U.N.. We practised and practised all night until we were able to do it together. We,practised until midnight and finally, we went back to our rooms to sleep! When I returned, I thought my other roommates were fast asleep but they weren't, because they were all in the room watching movies on television. Zi Qing and her other roommates went to our room to watch the movie too!

We watched Shark Night, a scary movie on television. We were all screaming like crazy because it was really scary when we saw a shark killing people on television. We slept at about 1:30 a.m. but I can't sleep due to some odd reason.

6 April 2013 (Day II)

I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and woke my fellow roommates up. I went to the shower first and got dressed. There was a little time left until breakfast so I played with my phone to pass the time. At 7:00 a.m., I went down to the hotel restaurant to have breakfast. We had a delicious breakfast buffet before leaving for our excursion. We went to the Sungai Palas 'BOH' tea plantation. To get there, our buses were parked at a bee farm and we then took a smaller bus to the tea plantation. The air was quite cool and breezy, but the mountains looked steeper than I had previously thought!

When we reached our destination, we went into the tea factory first to take a look at the process of tea making. Later, we went into the tea store to buy some souvenirs and drinks. I bought myself a packet of powdered vanilla milk tea and took a picture of the scenery from the balcony of the restaurant overlooking the tea plantation. I went down the hill to take a look at the tea leaves and we all then took a group picture in front of the tea plantation.

After the visit to the tea plantation, we went back to the bee farm and our accompanying teachers allowed us to buy something from the store, and we explored the place as well. After a few minutes, we went to the Rose Valley. We then immediately rush in and saw some birds in cages, such as peacocks,chickens,ducks and even a turkey! Guess what, we even saw the male peacock opening its feathers! It was such an unbelievable sight and chance! I took a lot of photos of the roses and of all the other beautiful flowers.

We went back to the hotel for our lunch. It was chicken rice and it was delicious! I went to Belinda Hall for our group's practice, which we had promised Kiwan. We were supposed to be at Sabrina Hall but apparently the door was looked, so we practised at the corridor.

At 3:30 p.m., we walked to Cactus Valley as it was near our hotel. We saw different types of cactus all around the valley. They even grow apple trees although it bore no fruit yet. After the visit, we went to souvenir shops to buy what we want. At about 5:30 p.m., we could either visit the night market or go back to the hotel. I went to the night market with my friend and I bought myself a little giraffe hat.

We had dinner a little earlier today and we had steamboat! The ingredients was awesome and the aroma of the soup was so nice! I ate less than usual because I ate too much during the trip and during lunch. We were then allowed to do whatever we wanted to before rehearsals. I stayed in my room with my friend Qian Yi as I was quite tired after the trip. At about 8:30 p.m., we practiced our song and we went into Belinda Hall for our performances.

Pn. Sabrina and Cik Rajes told us how they felt about this trip. After the speech, each group members came up on stage to show their performances. I can say that my group did quite well during the performance. At about 11:00 p.m., we went to bed. As usual, Zi Qing and her roommates came into our room and some of them went to the night market again to buy something. I promised Zi Qing that I would exchange rooms with her as she wanted to have a sleep over with my two senior room mates.

7 April 2013 (Day III)

As usual, I woke up at 6:00 a.m. and went to my room to have my shower taken first. After my shower, I went to pack up my luggage and personal belongings. After packing up, I waited for my roommates to be ready for breakfast. At about 7:30 a.m., I went down to have the same old delicious buffet like the day before. After breakfast, I went upstairs again to check if I left anything behind before leaving. We left for our next destination after checking out the hotel. Unfortunately, it turned out to be bad news for my bus as the  bus has a little problem and it put us behind schedule. We went to the morning market first to buy some vegetables and some souvenirs. I bought myself a stick of chocolate strawberry and it was delicious.

After 45 minutes, we left the market and went to Raaju's Strawberry Farm. We climbed a little hill up to the farm. Some of us went to buy some strawberry desserts while some of them went to buy some fresh strawberries. Some of us went to take a look at the strawberries. Some of them were not ripe yet while some of them have only flowers.

After about an hour, we left for the Butterfly Farm. There were a lot of butterflies and, of course, there were a lot of flowers for the butterflies. The butterflies were interesting, but we were more interested in what lies deeper within the farm. I saw a stick insect, a leaf frog, scorpions, king grasshoppers, rabbits and a lot more insects and animals. Then it was time to go.

Tee Qian Yu

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...