Thursday 13 June 2013

A Short Footnote: Performances During the Cameron Highlands Trip


During a school trip to Cameron Highlands, I learned many things. I learnt leadership skills and I also got to have a great time with my friends besides visiting Cameron Highlands. The night we arrived in Cameron Highlands we were separated into groups of six. Apparently, to add a twist to our trip, each group was to give a performance. After brainstorming, we then decided to perform a drama. We quickly thought of a role play, but our leader Hans Leong cracked his mind for other ideas. Some of us helped him by putting forward ideas and decided that our performance should be an action and comedic sketch.

 
Everyone in the group gave some ideas and we compiled them together and soon started to practice. The next day, after our tour, we came back to the hotel for lunch and after lunch we wasted no time and went to the hotel’s hall and practiced and perfected the sketch. We went for another tour and came back for dinner. After dinner everyone gathered in the hall for one last practice session. The High Committees of the Librarian Board and the Peer Helpers performed first. Their drama was outstanding for me, I laughed throughout the entire drama. Then, some of the groups were picked to perform first, we were the fourth. There were a few groups that did a musical performance. And then it was our turn. When we finished, all I knew that although it wasn’t the best but I enjoyed being a part of it. I had to thank Hans, because without his leadership we would not have staged a successful drama.
 
Yet Another Anonymous Librarian

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...