Thursday 27 June 2013

Towards Discipline We Strive Together

Hiew Yi Sa
Assistant Head (2013)

I would like to congratulate all the probationary Librarians who have succeeded in becoming Librarians (and also the Librarians who have succeed in getting a promotion). Well, you make me remember the days when I was a probationary Librarian like you. I was given a warm welcome by my amicable senior Librarians, who taught me almost everything regarding the Library . Without them, I don’t think I could have learnt all that as fast as I did. Some senior Librarians gave me extra work so that I was more familiar with the Library. I even ‘tortured’ myself by asking the Library Coordinator to give me more work after I finished a task that was given to me!  I joined the Librarian Board because I wanted to discipline myself. I wear my necktie and name tag, and never abandon my duties, be it during recess or after school. Sometimes, I come into the Library just after I finished eating during recess. Even now, I still do this. I guess that’s why I got promoted to the high post that I have now.

It isn’t easy to succeed in becoming a Librarian. I’m sure you knew that already, so please behave yourself to avoid being suspended or sacked from being a Librarian. I don’t want that to happen to any of you, since it will be a waste all your efforts if you are eliminated. Hence, please follow the Library Rules strictly. As a Librarian, we bear the image of the Library and (like the Prefects) the school where ever we go. That is why we always want every Librarian to wear their necktie and name tag wherever you go, when you are in the school compound. Besides, I don’t want any of you to break any of the school rules, like not cutting your hair to the appropriate length (especially for you boys). Do you know some Prefects got suspended, just because of that mishap? If you lose your necktie or name tag or both of them, please inform Puan Sabrina [Library Coordinator] to get a new one.

Speaking of discipline, I find that most of you are responsible Librarians, so give yourself a round of applause. However, sad to say, some of you still have lots of room for improvement. The  necktie and name tag not worn, skipping duties, talking back to senior Librarians when given a task to do, chatting and playing instead of working, and so on. Of course, there are times to have fun, but don’t forget there are also times when we need to finish our work. I don’t want to announce the names here, reason being that I want to give you a chance to turn over a new leaf. I dream that all Librarians will be dedicated, responsible and well-disciplined, and in order to turn it into reality, I need complete cooperation from every single one of you. Therefore, please don’t disappoint me. I sincerely hope that you will change your attitude. Do you know that we used to be better than the Prefects, and not just as bad as them? I want to make the Librarians better than the Prefects again, just like in the good old times.

I sincerely apologize for all my mistakes , for whatever wrong I did to anyone and I would like to thank all of you for your support and cooperation. Well, I hope you will enjoy being a Librarian!

Hiew Yi Sa
Assistant Head (2013)
 
This post is part of a series that will feature heart-warming posts from the members of the High Committee of the 2013 Librarian Board.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...