Wednesday 31 July 2013

Super Special Anniversary Post...


'Come one, Come all!  Hello! This is our very first post, in commemoration of the birth of the official blog for the Librarians of Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Bandar Utama Damansara (3). This is where we will post our crazy experiences in the Library, important notices and what not. Don't be shy and let your imagination flow; but, please, no explict content. Your cooperation is much appreciated. Why am I being so formal? Who cares. We are the Librarians and we are here to stay. We will always be a one big ( I mean BIG) happy family. Enjoy! Peace out!'
Excerpt of the first blog post posted two years ago, written by Diana Rodzi.

July 31st  2013 marks the second year anniversary of our Library blog. How time flies, we’re finally two years old! How far we have gotten, all thanks to the many long hours put into our posts and of course, our viewers too.

I would like to dedicate this post to the founder of this blog, Diana Rodzi.


Without her hard work and perseverance, the blog would not have been the same. Heck, it might not even exist! Diana came up with the idea of an official blog to immortalise the precious memories and experiences in our Librarian family. Ever since the first post was up, it was a long road of quirky text posts and articles filled with pictures, a colourful array of words and pixels.

Diana’s is a leader, a mentor but most importantly a friend.


When I first started out on my job as the Head of Bulletin, Diana was there to teach me everything. She taught me the wonders of PowerPoint and how to maintain the blog. Did I forget to mention she was one of my first friend in the Library while I was a probationary Librarian? When we met, we instantly clicked. We could go on for days just rambling about tumblr, which Victoria's Secret model was hotter, food....The list just goes on.

We humans are a very social species, yet we never really appreciate how even one's presence can lighten up the room. I'm so immensely grateful how I can share my thoughts and feeling to Diana,  especially in this society where material things are worth more than true friendship. (Oh, and she’s super fun in parties, by the way)


Diana is also the Assistant Supervisor of Friday. She knows how to balance fun and responsibility. When it's time to get serious and work on our duties, she will be practical and strict. She is matured and strong-willed beyond her age. An amazing leader, that is who she is to me.

In all my memorable moments in the Library, she will definitely be in all of them. She plays such an important role in my life. I can never imagine life if I had never met her.

Here is a list of things you MUST know about Diana :
  • She is an avid bunny lover
  • She has 7 bunnies
  • She is an awesome human being
  • She draws really well
  • SHE LOVES HER BUNNIES.
Anyways, she is such a smart and determined person, and I hope she will do well in the future, in whatever she does. Diana, if you read this (which I know you will) I just want to say a HUGE thank you for everything you've done, and also thank you for... well, being you!
Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.
Anais Nin
Yours faithfully,
Junebug

1 comment:

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...