Monday 19 August 2013

Highlights of 2013: First day at secondary school



My orientation day at secondary school was very thrilling. There were many students there. I was late because I had to get a letter from my former primary school. But I was really delighted to get into this school after the second appeal. When I got there, I went straight to the multi-purpose hall. I listened to various speeches, one of them from our principal, Azizah binti Yusoff. She was introducing the school to the new students. Students and parents were listening attentively though some looked bored.

This year the enrolment was bigger because of the students born in the year of dragon. After listening to the speeches students were directed to their respective classes to sort things out. As a student under the appeal case, I did not have a class. But a helpful prefect took me along, with a few others, to the office to get our classes sorted out. We had to wait for about an hour and a half. While waiting, I made two new friends. Their names are Junelle and Nicole. After we got our classes, we hurriedly went to them.

Our class teacher sorted things out and we were given a copy of the book list and school registration form to fill up. To my surprise, my class had a massive number of 65 students, although there were six Form 1 classes. After that, we were allowed to take our new text books home. And that was how my orientation day went, unlike the first day of my primary one where a lot of students were crying. Now that we have all grown up, orientation day was quite different. But something that has not changed is the parents accompanying their child during the orientation day.

By Celine Wong Shi Qi , 13, SMK Bandar Utama Damansara (3), Selangor
 
This post is part of the line-up ahead of the blog's second anniversary. All these posts will be taken from articles written by students featuring the school on School Times, the educational pull-out from the New Straits Times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

More to read

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...